Friday, November 7, 2008

So...its Friday.

The other day I found a series of letters I wrote to my daughter Amy back in the 1990's. It was really interesting reading them because I chronicled all the things that happened to me or to people around me. Most of the things I wrote about I had forgotten, but they were important at the time. I noted how I had helped my now daughter-in-law Beth prepare for her wedding by loaning her my wedding dress and buying her some satin shoes and some pretty little nighties. I remembered the wedding dress, but I completely forgot about the other things. I also talked about a friends family that lost the father of the family to a heart attack. He was 32 years old and had small children. I wonder about those children now. I've lost track of them.

I mentioned how my niece Lori was pregnant and how excited we all were about that. She ended up having Ian in Japan, so we didn't get to meet him for a long while after his birth.

Since that time in the 1990's I've gained 8 grandchildren, several "grand" nieces and nephews and also, sadly lost several family members. My hope with this blog (what in the heck does "blog" mean anyway?) is to chronicle those day-to-day events in a sort of diary format. I've found that the activity of sitting down with pen and journal just isn't going to happen for me, but perhaps this format will.

I hope I don't bore the reader too much.

No comments: