Sunday, August 15, 2010

You can't cure stupid, but.....

This has been an eventful week. We saw Stephanie, Sophia and Juliet off to Austin on Thursday. Grandma didn't do too well with the goodbyes, even though I'm going to see them next month.I'm using a new version of blogger and I'm not sure how to add pics yet, but when I figure it out I'll add a pic of them walking into the airport. Ahhhh, here we go...



Ben and Ryann and I have spent the week together and then we have two weeks at the coast with swim lessons. They are both very excited about it. In the meantime we've been trying to have a little adventure each day. Yesterday we went to the lake so they could play in the water. Ben managed to catch a small fish in his hands, so he was very excited.

Today we went north to Tillamook and went through the cheese factory. The reward was the Tillamook ice cream at the end of the tour. We came out to our car after, only to find that someone had parked behind our car! I was furious. About 3 cars had decided this was a good idea. I can't imagine why. I stood there fuming and the woman in the car parked next to mine (we were parked legally before the idiots parked behind us) came and we both lamented the stupidity it took to be the first one to park.

As we stood there talking, the persons parked behind her car walked up and started to get in. I couldn't help myself...I started to question them. I asked in what universe it was that made it seem like a good idea to park behind already parked cars. She hemmed and hawed and said 'well there was no one....' at which point I stopped her and said 'oh yeah...we were already here before you got here! Here's a tip for the future...don't EVER park behind cars that are already parked where you'll be hemming them in. I can't cure stupid, but I can help you learn from your mistake and make sure you don't make it again.." Wow..did I really say that outloud? Oh yes. It was one of those times where I won't be saying later "I should have said..." because I said it.

After that adventure I was fuming for a good while. Ben told me.."Grandma, just relax and breath deep". We stopped at a lighthouse that I'd been wanting to see. It was a short hike out to it, but we loved seeing it.

All in all, it was a good day, and swimming lessons start tomorrow. Stay tuned...

No comments: