Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Happy Birthday Brother Jim

Today is my brother Jim's birthday. I've been doing the math, and its taken me a while. I had to subtract and carry and check because I couldn't believe the outcome. It appears my brother is 77 years old. How can that be?? He just got home from the navy a few years ago and went off to college. I'm absolutely sure of his birth year because it was just 10 years after my mom's birth year and mom's birth year was immortalized in the house address my folks lived in for many years...1923. Ergo, Jimmy's birth year is 1933.

Wasn't it just a few years ago that he brought home Miss Murphey? And then the kids coming along...surely that couldn't have been too long ago. So what if they all have kids of their own by now, that just happened recently...right???

O.K., o.k.....so maybe my sense of time is a little skewed. After all, I'm just a kid myself...right? RIGHT????? Well...the only thing I know for sure is that my idea of 'old' changes a little more each year.

Anyway, Happy Birthday big brother, and many more to come. Your family, including your 'baby' sister, love you very much.

No comments: