Saturday, February 27, 2016

Time marches on!

I messed up again and ignored my blog for 2 years! How does that happen? Life happens I guess.

I can use Facebook to look back on the last 2 years. Its been fairly unremarkable in the 'big event' category for the most part. We have had a few Johnson Family reunions in that time. We spent a few days around the 4th of July at Steve's house in Scotts Valley, California with everyone. It was great fun having every one of my children and grandchildren around. The reality is...we are growing too large to do much of anything as a group. We aren't there yet...but it's close. We had a day at the beach and several nice dinners to remember the time with.

Thanksgiving 2015 was spent all together at Kevin's house in Austin, Texas. He found a home that was in great need of some love and purchased it. After a ton of work, his family moved in. Turns out the house has a lot of room, so it worked out well for our gathering. It seems a little unfair in the great  scheme of things for any one family to host us all, so I'm not sure if we'll do it again anytime soon, but it was fun. We went on a nature hike as a group to a lovely little grotto in the hills of Texas and learned a lot about the area in the process. Plus Austin is famous as a foody heaven, so we ate a ton of  Tex-Mex, which is my favorite.

I spend my time between Vancouver Washington, where 3 of my grands live; Lincoln City Oregon where we have a little beach house; and Salem Oregon is home base. I read a lot and try my hand at art and crafts. I'm alone a lot of the time, but I manage to keep busy for the most part.

Well, that's enough for now.

No comments: