Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The National Cathedral

On Friday September 18 Lori, Ian, Cullen and I drove to Washington DC and picked up Judy. We had lunch at a wonderful French restaurant (Now what did I do with that business card?) in Georgetown. Judy was in town on business, but had concluded that earlier in the day. Our goal for the day was to see the National Cathedral. I had heard about the wonderful stained glass windows and seen it on TV when events had taken place there. We opted to take a 'behind the scenes" tour and it was truly the right choice for us. We were shown a few of the key windows in the main cathedral and then we started to climb. We climbed up and up. Our tour guide took us through back doors, corridors and attic spaces. To top off the tour (literally) we went up on the roof. Wow. What an amazing site.

We managed to avoid most of the afternoon traffic and went back to Lori's house. We had a wonderful dinner, then played games. Judy, the boys and I played a new game we made up from another game. We made up the rules as we went. At one point I was laughing so hard I thought I was going to bust a gut. (that's my euphemism for wet my pants.) We had a great time. It was sad to drop Judy off at the airport the next day, but we had made some great memories.


I'm not in this picture of the gang outside the cathedral because I was taking it. What fun we had together.
More to come...

No comments: