Thursday, January 28, 2010

more Bits n' Pieces

I've been meaning to put a picture of the beach house on here for some time, but I keep forgetting. That said, here it is. In the basement level is a small garage and workshop. On the main level there is a living room, kitchen, dining area, master bedroom and bath and a half bath. Oh and the ever important mud/laundry room. On the upper level there are 3 bedrooms, a large bathroom and a small family room.
The house sits a little high on the hill giving us a nice view of the ocean. I have a spotting scope set up for whale watching. The beach is about a 3 block walk.
Last week my granddaughter Sophie and I were chatting. There had been something on tv about a kid being told not to swim right after a meal. She asked me about that and I told her that it used to be believed that if you swam too soon after a meal that you would/could get a cramp and drown. She looked at me very seriously and said " Gramma, I don't know what it's like in YOUR world, but in MY world, that doesn't make any sense!"
Sheesh. She just turned five years old.
I got the first coat of paint on my doll house. I'll take a picture of it when I get the roof on. That will come next. It's looking like a house now. Sort of.Also working on a few different paintings. None of them are grabbing me so I'll probably just think of them as practise.
My garbage disposal was leaking so I got out the instruction manual and tried to find an answer. Turns out it just needed a little plumber's putty and its good as new. I put some on a little while ago and just did a test and no leaks!
My gosh I don't think I can stand the excitement. (and yes, I AM rolling my eyes.)

No comments: