Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Quiet Life

I came out to the beach Sunday morning. Since it's not quite summer vacation, its been pretty deserted here. I've done a considerable amount of walking. In fact, probably too much because I seem to have injured my knee. I don't have a lot of activities on the immediate calendar. Kevin's graduation is on Friday, so I'll go to that. I'm excited to see him walk. He's worked very hard for this degree. I hope only good things for him and his family. They deserve it.

I did a little exploring yesterday on the back roads of the coastal area here. I found a section of old highway 101 that goes through very dense forest. It was beautiful, but a little intimidating when I realized I didn't have my phone with me and if I got lost or had car trouble I'd have to walk out to the main road (about 10 miles). I'll have to be certain I have my phone the next time I go exploring. I think we have roadside assistance insurance, so I'm sure I'd be able to get some help, so that won't stop me from my forays into the unknown.

I get to pick up Ben and Ryann from their last day of school on Tuesday. I suppose we'll come out to the beach then. I think they'll enjoy time here. I'll have to remember to have them bring their skateboards. There is a very cool skate park close to the house they'll enjoy. It will be nice to have the company.

That's about it for now.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Sounds so wonderful at your beach house...enjoy your time with your sweet family :) Oh, and no more exploring without your phone!!

Lori Jean