Friday, October 16, 2009

Another bad day at Black Rock....

When I was in high school, my drama teacher liked to talk about the movie "Bad Day at Black Rock". He said it was the worst movie ever made. It may have been a bad film, but I sure like the title. It really rather says it all. At least to me.

I'm having a Black Rock day. I have a sinus headache and my kids are having car trouble. The program my daughters have asked me to help with runs about 6 minutes over the alloted time (which is 11 minutes - we have to shave off 1/3 of what has been done). We are working with teenagers on the program. The 'lead' didn't show up for rehearsal. That should explain much of my headache.

The leaves are turning and falling fast. Soon we'll be looking at another wet, dark and dreary northwest winter.

It is just one of those days where nothing is going as it's supposed to. I suppose we have those days (ok...months...years?) so that we can appreciate when things are going right. I sure hope that's true.

No comments: