Monday, November 30, 2009

Typhoid...Debby?

I went to the doctor today because I've had a cold and I've been hacking up a lung. (is that too graphic?) Anyway, when I checked in, they actually made me wear a surgical mask. They said it was a new policy if someone had a cough or fever. I dutifully put on the stupid mask. I also noticed I was the ONLY person in the whole complex to actually put it on. Every other person had them in their hands so they could cough unencumbered. I felt like an idiot. Oh, well. At least they can't say I made anyone sick. I followed the rules.I think I get points for that somewhere. I'll survive this cold by the way...

Anyway...

Steve and Beth and the kids got home yesterday from their week stay in Oregon. We all spent a few days at the coast, and they spent some time with Beth's family in Scio (about 30 minutes away from us). We got a lot of shopping done. Well - they got a lot of shopping done. I spent most of my time avoiding the stores.

I spent a lot of time staring at my beautiful grandkids. They really are amazing. They are all such different little people! Each of them have a unique personality. Madeline is 13 now and turning into such a beauty. She already went to her first middle school dance. I'm not ready for this yet.

The big news in Oregon is our football "Civil" war between Oregon State and U of Oregon on Thursday. I've had kids at both schools, but I tend to favor U of Oregon. Rumor has it that the game will be shown on ESPN...woohoo Oregon is big time now. I'm fairly certain I will actually watch the game. I've gotten to the point where I recognize several of the players now. I didn't think I'd ever say that.

I wonder if any of the players will be wearing surgical masks?

No comments: