Wednesday, February 3, 2010

From the Ground Up

I got part of the roof on my dollhouse shingled today and some of the finish pieces done. I'm doing it like a do most projects of this sort...kinda upside down and backwards...but that's my way. I'll post a picture soon. Its already developing all sorts of character. Its yellow with white trim and a brick foundation. I've built some furniture for the inside, but most of it will have to wait until the outside is done....then I'll wallpaper and do all sorts of things to it.

For some unknown reason I found myself thinking about all the people I've met in my life. Since we lived in so many states after Bruce started working for the Federal Government, I've met many people in every place we've lived. It's funny how you feel at the time like some special friends will be your forever friends, but then move away - lose contact - and that's the end of it.

Maybe its Facebook and other internet sites that have made me start thinking about this. I've found a few lost cousins and friends on Facebook and made contact, but there are so many others out there that I don't have a clue about, or the slightest idea on where to start - or what to say if I find them.

I'm rambling now. It must be time for bed.

Goodnight.

No comments: