Thursday, February 11, 2010

Rain Rain Go Away

I haven't written for awhile because nothing (except rain...shocker!) is going on around here. I've barely left the house for two weeks, except for a few craft store runs. Yawn! I could make something up about the craft store, but I'm afraid I'll get in trouble for that. Bruce is home with the flu today. Nothing worse than a sick guy who rarely gets sick.

I have been toying with the idea of a fictional story I'd like to write. So far I have my heroine (a 9 year old girl who looks like...well....me.) I just need a big event to carry through the story and I haven't come up with that yet. I've written and rewritten the opening lines several times in my mind. Maybe as I write it I'll ask for input from all of you. Or maybe I'll just keep thinking about it a few more decades.

Somehow I got sucked into making slankets (like the "Snuggli" blanket with arms as seen on TV) for various members of my family. I'm up to about 6 now. It's not cheaper to make them instead of buying them. The only advantage to making them is you can do so with a variety of patterns and colors unavailable in the ready-made version. I suppose long after the fad of these things is over, my kids can look at theirs and remember that Mama/Grandma made them especially for them.

I'm hoping to spend the long weekend at the beach. Kevin and Stephanie and the girls are coming, and perhaps Kerry. Bruce is iffy at this point. But I'm going anyway. I need to get out of Dodge. At least at the beach I can look out the window at my favorite spot (the ocean) and watch the waves and the occasional whale. Hopefully the weather will be good enough to try out my new kite. Its a plane.

One of these days I should write about my time as a pilot. Perhaps I will. I used to have tons of pictures of myself, my plane, and pictures of the area from 5000 feet. Sadly, they are still sitting on my old hard drive. The one from the old computer...that died a grizzly death. But, I digress...

No comments: