Saturday, February 20, 2010

Flowers, Airports and Zombies


Wow, I haven't written for a good while. I have a ton of things on my mind, but starting to write at midnight is probably not the best time to begin the process.


Kevin, Stephanie, Kerry and the girls and I spent last weekend at the beach. Bruce stayed home to recuperate from the flu. We had a quiet time, but its always fun to be together. We played a lot of Wii and watched some movies. Probably the best movie we watched was called "Zombieland'. After I got over the initial shock of bodies being blown to bits I was able to relax and enjoy the macabre humor. There is a set of rules for living in Zombieland that I will discuss at another time. They are wise words indeed.

Kevin was the perfect Valentine and got all of us girls some candy and flowers. (see photo above) It was a lovely surprise to wake up to.
On Wednesday I had to go up to Vancouver to get my haircut. I spent a little time with my daughters and did a little shopping. As I was starting home I called Bruce to see if he still was planning to pick up an associate who was coming into Portland Airport from Taiwan. He said he was, but not until later. I started home (about an hour away) and got maybe 10 miles down the road when Bruce called saying he had made a mistake and the fellow was arriving in less that 20 minutes! Since Bruce was still so far away, I turned around and headed for the airport. Since I had never met the fellow I was a little concerned about finding him. I parked the car and headed for the gate I expected him to arrive at. Using Bruce's description, I waited and waited. No luck. Finally I headed down to the luggage area, hoping to find him there. I started asking each Asian man I saw if he was" Mr. so and so" and got a lot of blank stares. Finally I saw a fellow who had on a baseball cap. I took a shot and it was him! I was very relieved to find him. I apologized for being the one to pick him up and all, but it worked out fine. He was very nice and we had a lovely conversation on the drive home. Even though he is Taiwanese, he was educated at Cornell University here in the States, so his English was great. Thank Goodness! Bruce met us at the hotel his associate was staying at and got him settled while I came on home. I'm not sure, but I think I get some major brownie points for this one...somewhere.
Well, its late. I will write more soon but I want to leave you with one of the rules of Zombieland. Rule #1: Cardio. Be sure you stay fit so you can outrun the Zombies.
With that word of wisdom, I bid you goodnight.


No comments: