Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Newest Library Lady

I have become a volunteer at the Lincoln City Library. Yesterday was my first day 'on the job'. I was shocked and surprised at the complicated system for re-shelving books. They go to great lengths to make sure books are returned to where they belong. I have to admit I was a bit rusty on my Dewey Decimal System. I used a computer program to refresh my memory on it. My supervisor was impressed with my speed and agility. I suspect it may be because she is over 70 years old and it appears most of her volunteers are also. I have to admit I did work circles around the other people, but to be fair I was a kid compared to them. I think I'm going to enjoy the work.

I've been doing a lot of work around the house. I installed a shelf in the laundry room and I'm preparing the house for Winter the best I can. The yard looks especially nice right now, which is usually an open invitation for moles, but I don't have any yet. They will come. They always do.

It's a particularly good time for shopping...lots of extra coupons and all. I wish I needed something so I could justify buying. Oh, well...such is life.

I'm going to Salem this evening for a play, then to Vancouver on Friday to get my hair done. Maybe I'll stick around and watch Ben and Ryann play soccer on the weekend. They are both coming along famously in the game. Ben actually scored last week! They have both come really far in their playing.

Ok...that's all I have for now.

1 comment:

Amy Wilks said...

The Library sounds like a good volunteer project. I'm excited for you. Definitely hang out this weekend - the kids LOVE when you come watch!